CREA: Leading a Culinary Revolution
Since 1991, CREA (Centre de Recherche et d’Etudes pour l’Alimentation, or “Culinary Research and Education Academy”) has been the definitive source for mastering the revolutionary sous vide cooking method.
Established and led by Cuisine Solutions Chief Scientist Dr. Bruno Goussault, CREA has provided sous vide instruction to culinary stars such as Joël Robuchon, Thomas Keller and Daniel Boulud, as well as hundreds of restaurant operators and corporations around the globe.
The same expert CREA instruction is now available to you in three ways:
Learn sous vide theory and techniques in your own kitchen at your own pace with online written and video lessons.
Attend a multi-day, hands-on seminar in the art and science of sous vide at CREA Paris or various locations worldwide.
CREA faculty comes to your professional kitchen for a personalized three-day sous vide program for up to 14 chefs.
We would be happy to arrange sous vide training for your entire culinary team right in your own kitchen. For more information on our education services,
[Bruno] teaches us to become smarter chefs. His work with CREA has put sous vide at the forefront of the food industry.
— Michel Richard
CREA students will:
- Study the scientific theory of sous vide
- Understand the biochemical changes that occur during cooking
- Master sous vide preparation, cooking, chilling and storing of meat, poultry, fish, shellfish, fruit, vegetables, sauces and desserts
- Learn the proper way to obtain the Maillard reaction
- Develop an understanding of sous vide HACCP and get help submitting proper paperwork to the health department